Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
Look no further for the best Wendy’s copycat chili recipe! Full of meat, beans, and the perfect blend of spices, you won’t find a better copycat recipe that is as close to a match to Wendy’s chili recipe.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 green bell pepper (diced)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chiles (undrained)
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages chili seasoning (such as McCormick Mild Chili Seasoning Mix)
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans (do not drain)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (do not drain)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar (more or less to taste)
Place ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir and break the ground beef into crumbles and cook until no longer pink.
Drain beef of excess grease.
Return beef to pot, stir in celery, onion, and green bell pepper into ground beef and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Pour in stewed tomatoes, diced tomatoes with green chiles, tomato sauce, and water. Break apart large pieces of stewed tomatoes.
Stir in chili seasoning.
Add kidney beans, pinto beans and season with salt and black pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.
Mix vinegar into chili.
Ladle into bowls and serve.
Calories: 381kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 685mg | Potassium: 1622mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 4976IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 145mg | Iron: 10mg