Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
Our simple Sloppy Joe recipe modified to cook in the slow cooker! Loaded with flavor, vegetables, and made without cans of sloppy joe sauce.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 10.75 ounces condensed tomato soup 1 can
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons mustard
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
In a large skillet over medium heat, add turkey, onion, celery, and green pepper and cook until turkey is no longer pink. Drain the grease and add to slow cooker sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar to ingredients in slow cooker and stir together.
Cook on low for 4 hours, keep warm until serving.
Serve on hamburger buns.
HOW TO MAKE THESE SLOPPY JOES ON THE STOVE TOP:
This is a great recipe to double and freeze half for another night. Just let the meat mixture cool down and then place in a gallon-sized freezer bag. To reheat, just warm up in the slow cooker for 2-3 hours on low or in a skillet on the stove top (add liquid as needed).
- If you are short on time, don’t worry about letting them cook in the slow cooker – you can make them right on your stove top!
- In a large skillet, add turkey, onion, celery, and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain the grease, then return meat and vegetable back to pan over medium heat.
- Add tomato soup, ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar to the skillet and stir together.
- Cook in skillet over low heat for 15-20 minutes (stirring occasionally) to let the flavors meld together. Serve on buns.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 678mg | Potassium: 720mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 407IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg