Slow Cooker Texas Chili Recipe
This Slow Cooker Texas Chili may be a little different than you're used to! We've added beans and tomatoes for a filling and delicious soup. You can't go wrong with chili on a cold day!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 green bell peppers diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers (drained)
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- dash red pepper flakes optional
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1 (9.25 ounce) bag Frito corn chips
In a large saucepan, brown ground beef and diced onion.
Drain the grease from the meat and add meat to slow cooker.
Pour remaining ingredients on top and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or HIGH for 2-3 hours.
Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, and a bag of Fritos corn chips - or any of your other favorite chili toppings.
Calories: 579kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1555mg | Potassium: 1382mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1972IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 320mg | Iron: 7mg