Slow Cooker Bolognese Recipe
Thick and flavorful bolognese sauce that is so easy to make.
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 3 Tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes 1 can
- 6 ounces tomato paste 1 can
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles 1 package, cooked
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese optional topping
Brown Italian sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, breaking into small pieces; drain and rinse well.
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Add cooked sausage and mix in onion flakes, garlic, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, oregano, basil, fennel seed, salt and pepper until well combined.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Serve over cooked pasta.
Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Nutrition information does not include optional topping.
Calories: 614kcal | Carbohydrates: 78g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 4836mg | Potassium: 1074mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 737IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 7mg