Slow Cooker Beijing Beef Recipe
This Slow Cooker Beijing Beef is made with juicy steak tossed in a sweet and tangy sauce with peppers and onions.
Non-stick Cooking Spray
Medium Mixing Bowl
- 1½ pounds flank steak cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 onion (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ketchup
- 6 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 cups cooked rice
- sesame seeds optional topping
Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place cornstarch in a bowl. Coat each piece of steak in cornstarch and place in slow cooker. Discard any remaining cornstarch.
Sprinkle red bell pepper and onion over steak in slow cooker.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together water, sugar, ketchup, Hoisin sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce, apple cider vinegar, sweet chili sauce and minced garlic.
Pour sauce over steak and vegetables and gently stir to combine.
Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours.
Serve over cooked rice.
- I cut my peppers and onions into bite-sized pieces so they wouldn’t be overcooked, but if you have picky eaters, you could easily cut them into smaller pieces.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 475mg | Potassium: 429mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 496IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg