Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe
Our Low Fat Banana Bread has no butter, but it's still incredibly moist and delicious. With our without walnuts, you won't even be able to tell it's healthier for you!
Large Mixing Bowl
9x5 loaf pan
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1½ cups mashed bananas (about 3 to 5 ripe bananas)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, mashed banana, sugar, and applesauce.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
Cut into slices and serve
- Banana bread is best stored covered in plastic wrap or foil. It can sit at room temperature for 2-3 days, or refrigerated for up to a week.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 2mg