The BEST Instant Pot Chili (Dump and Go Recipe)
Our Mom's Chili is the perfect fall soup recipe. We would have it for dinner every single Halloween and it's a tradition we've kept with our own families.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes 2 (14 ounce cans)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce 1 can
- ⅓ cup ketchup or chili sauce
- ½ cup water
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1.25 ounces chili seasoning mix 1 packet
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese optional topping
- 9.25 ounces Fritos Corn Chips optional topping
Push the Saute Button on your Instant Pot. Put in your ground beef with chopped onion and cook until no longer pink. As it cooks, use a wooden spoon or Chop-n-Stir to break up your ground beef. Drain grease well and leave the meat in the Instant Pot.
Put in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, ketchup, water, kidney beans, chili seasoning mix, chopped celery, Worcestershire sauce, and sugar. Stir together.
Put the lid on and made sure the knob is on sealing. Push the Manual or Pressure Cook button on your Instant Pot. Set the timer for 10 minutes.
When the timer is done, you can let it release on its own or do quick release. Do do a quick release, just turn the knob to venting)
Top with shredded cheese and Frito's corn chips. Serve while hot.
How to turn this into a freezer meal:
- The total time does not include the time it takes for the meal to come to pressure.
- Cook the ground beef and onion and place in a resealable gallon-sized freezer bag or other freezer-safe container.
- Dump in the remaining ingredients (excluding optional toppings) into the bag.
- Let the bag cool down (if still hot from the cooked ground beef). Place in the freezer for up to 90 days.
- When ready to eat, remove frozen soup from the bag (if it won’t come out, run the bag under hot water so that you can remove/peel off the frozen bag).
- Place the frozen soup into your Instant Pot (if it froze in a shape that won’t fit into your Instant Pot, you may need to defrost it for a few minutes or break it into pieces to make it fit).
- Add 1/2 cup water or beef broth your Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on the top of the Instant Pot. Move the valve to SEALING (not venting).
- Press the MANUAL (or PRESSURE COOK) button and set timer for 14 minutes. When the timer is finished, let the soup do a natural release (this will take about 20 minutes). Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 465kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 57mg | Sodium: 656mg | Potassium: 981mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2755IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 287mg | Iron: 6mg