Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe
Garden Vegetable Soup is a filling soup, full of delicious vegetables and noodles.
large stock pot
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup sliced carrots
- ¾ cup onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- ¾ cup snow peas
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes 2 (14 ounce cans)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups uncooked ditalini pasta
- 30 ounces cannellini beans 2 (15 ounce cans), drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces corn 1 can, drained
- ¾ cup zucchini diced
- shredded parmesan cheese for topping
ADD OIL TO A LARGE STOCK POT AND HEAT OVER MEDIUM LOW HEAT.
ADD CARROT, ONION AND GARLIC AND SAUTE UNTIL SOFTENED (ABOUT 5 MINUTES).
ADD BROTH, SNOW PEAS, TOMATOES, BASIL, OREGANO, SALT, GARLIC POWDER, PASTA, BEANS, AND CORN; SIMMER, COVERED ABOUT 15 MINUTES OR UNTIL PEAS AND PASTA ARE TENDER.
STIR IN ZUCCHINI AND HEAT 3-4 MINUTES MORE.
SERVE HOT AND TOP EACH SERVING WITH SHREDDED PARMESAN CHEESE.
- Be sure to cut your carrots pretty thin. You could use baby carrots, or fresh for this recipe. I prefer the taste of fresh, but sometimes all you have on hand is baby carrots, and that’s okay too.
Calories: 392kcal | Carbohydrates: 69g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 733mg | Potassium: 682mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 3137IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 162mg | Iron: 6mg