Homemade French Toast Sticks Recipe
Wake up to delicious Homemade French Toast Sticks. They are as easy as regular French Toast, but even tastier.
- 8 slices White Texas Toast Bread
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
Cut each slice of bread into 4 equal strips; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, whipping cream, milk, vanilla, sugar and cinnamon.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
After butter is melted, dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, let excess drip off and place in saucepan.
Don't place too many pieces of bread in the pan so it is overcrowded.
Once one side is golden brown, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup.
- You can use any bread on hand for Homemade French Toast Sticks. But the thicker the bread, the chewier and more delicious your French toast sticks will be.
- We like to use a loaf of Texas Toast that can easily be purchased at most grocery stores. We have even sliced a loaf of French Bread. That way you can slice it to your desired thickness.
- Homemade bread is also another great option. You can easily switch it up for white or wheat bread. The options are endless and they all result in yummy French Toast sticks for you and your family.
Calories: 334kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 155mg | Sodium: 299mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 7mg