Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup Recipe
This Slow Cooker Beef Minestrone Soup is one of my favorites. It's full of hearty ingredient and tender beef.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14.5 ounces diced tomatoes 1 can, do not drain
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 2 cups potatoes chopped
- 1½ cups celery chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 15 ounces red kidney beans 1 can (drained and rinsed)
- 15 ounces cannellini beans 1 can, (drained and rinsed)
- 1½ cups zucchini diced
- 1 cup ditalini pasta uncooked
- 15 ounces green beans 1 can, (drained)
In a medium skillet, brown ground beef until completely cooked.
Place your ground beef, diced tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper into your slow cooker.
Add in beef stock, water, and tomato juice.
Cover and cook on low heat 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
After cooking time is up, add in red kidney beans, cannellini beans, zucchini, pasta, and green beans. Cook on high heat for an additional 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Lean Ground Beef. Ground Beef is definitely preferred in this recipe I go for as lean of ground beef as the store offers. Many stores carry ground beef that is 80 percent lean 20 percent fat. I always try to find a beef that is 10 percent fat, or lower.
Calories: 394kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 1218mg | Potassium: 1660mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 6315IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 159mg | Iron: 8mg