Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad Recipe
Change things up for lunch with our delicious Copycat Panera Asian Sesame Chicken Salad. It is so simple to make and tastes absolutely amazing.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
Toppings for Salad
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges 1 can, drained
- 1 cup wonton strips
In a medium sized bowl mix together all of the marinade ingredients. Pour into a gallon size bag with the chicken breasts and let marinate for 20 minutes. Make sure to turn every few minutes so all sides of the chicken breast get covered with marinade.
Cook on the grill over medium-low heat until cooked through. Make slices in each chicken breast after grilling.
Bring the vinegar to a boil in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and add in the sugar and stir until dissolved. Cool slightly.
Then add in the canola oil, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds.
Prepare each plate by placing spinach leaves and Romaine lettuce on them.
Top off with a grilled chicken breast.
Add salad dressing and then top each salad off with cilantro, almonds, oranges and wonton strips.
- A key ingredient to this recipe, is the chicken marinade. I make this marinade whenever I grill chicken now. I am obsessed with it. It’s simple, delicious, and makes your chicken so tender and juicy.
Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 917mg | Potassium: 1087mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 7539IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 169mg | Iron: 3mg