Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast Recipe
Our Cheesy Garlic Texas Toast is better than anything that you can find in the frozen section at the store - make it fresh right at home!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time2 minutes mins
Total Time12 minutes mins
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: Bread, cheesy garlic bread, garlic breadsticks, Texas toast
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 slices white bread cut 1-inch thick (you could use regular white bread or french bread)
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Preheat broiler setting on oven. Mix together butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Brush both sides of each slice of bread with butter mixture and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
Broil bread for 1 minute on each side, or until light golden brown. Sprinkle one side of bread with cheese and Italian seasoning and broil until cheese is melted.
Watch closely to avoid burning.
- For this particular recipe, we prefer mozzarella cheese, but any cheese will do. I bet a cheese combination with a little Parmesan cheese would be delicious as well.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 448IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 1mg