Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
A healthier twist on traditional sloppy joes, made with ground turkey and homemade sauce.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 15 ounces tomato sauce 1 can
- 6 hamburger buns
Brown ground turkey in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
In a small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, vinegar, steak seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and tomato sauce.
Add sauce to skillet, reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes.
Serve warm on hamburger buns.
- For an even more delicious sloppy joe, toast your hamburger buns before serving. Spread some butter on the inside of each bun and place buttered side down on a hot skillet until golden brown.
Calories: 263kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 657mg | Potassium: 619mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 967IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg