Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
Sausage Tortellini Soup is Perfect for a chilly winter day!
small frying pan
large stock pot
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces Italian sausage
- ½ yellow onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped kale
- ½ cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups tortellini
- ½ Tablespoon chopped basil
- parmesan cheese for topping
- salt and pepper, to taste
In small frying pan, combine oil, onions, peppers, garlic, and sausage. Cook until sausage has completely browned.
While sausage is browning, cook Tortellini according to the package in separate pot.
In large stock pot on medium heat, combine chicken broth, tomatoes (undrained), kale, spinach, and basil. Let it heat through.
To soup mixture, add sausage mixture and tortellini.
Let soup simmer covered on low heat for at least 15 minutes to let flavors combine.
Top with salt and pepper and parmesan cheese and enjoy!
- We have also thrown this in the slow cooker, without the tortellini, for a few hours on low. Add the tortellini about 10 minutes before serving to avoid it getting mushy.
Calories: 333kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 1403mg | Potassium: 590mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 982IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 3mg