Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes Recipe
These chocolate chip cookie cupcakes taste like your favorite classic dessert, with a nice dollop of chocolate frosting right on top.
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 17.5 ounces chocolate chip cookie mix 1 package
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅔ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup whipping cream (or whole milk)
- 15 mini chips ahoy cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, oil, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
Add in the cookie mix and stir until smooth.
Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full, then bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Cream the butter in a medium bowl (whip on high for 2-4 minutes).
Blend in the cocoa powder, and vanilla then slowly add powdered sugar, alternately with the cream.
Beat with an electric mixer, until the desired texture is achieved (you can add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your frosting).
Frost cooled cupcakes.
Top with a mini Chips Ahoy cookie.
- We recommend using sour cream for this recipe though, because of the fat content. Plain Greek yogurt is often fat free, so it cookies a little differently.
- You could use it, but we wouldn’t recommend it. It will make the cupcakes a little bit of a weird texture, because it cooks differently. Sour cream works best for this recipe.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 127mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 421IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg