Mexican Street Corn Salad Recipe
In many Mexican restaurants, street corn is one of my favorite dishes. Throw all the ingredients together in a bowl for this delicious salad!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces frozen corn 1 bag
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I used light)
- 4 ounces Cotija Cheese crumbled, (could also use feta cheese)
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice (fresh is best)
- 1 Tablespoon jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons red onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Heat oil over medium heat. Add frozen corn and let cook until corn starts to char, stirring occasionally (it took about 7-8 minutes before my corn was lightly charred).
While the corn is cooking, mix together mayonnaise, cheese, lime juice, jalapeno, cilantro, red onion, garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. When corn is done, gently fold it in with other ingredients.
Serve immediately and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
You can also use 3-4 cups fresh corn in place of the frozen corn.
Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 271mg | Potassium: 265mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 227IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 1mg