Break Up Brownies Recipe
A delicious brownie to soften the sting of any breakup! Perfect dessert for a party!!
Servings: 24 people
- 18.3 ounces fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients needed on box)
- ½ cup butterfingers coarsely chopped, (about 6 snack size)
- 1 cup Reese's peanut butter cups chopped (about 9 snack size)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups cocoa rice krispies (or regular rice krispies)
Make the brownies according to the directions on the box for a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for about 18 minutes just until they are slightly underbaked. Remove from the oven and top with the chopped butterfingers and chopped peanut butter cups. Put back into the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
While the brownies finish baking, melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips together in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave. Then stir in the peanut butter into the melted chips until well blended. Then add in the cereal and stir in until completely covered.
Remove brownies from oven when finished cooking and carefully spoon mixture on top of the brownies. Gently spread around with the back of a spoon.
Refrigerate for a few hours until the top sets up.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 185mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg