Caprese Chicken Lasagna Recipe
I love how fresh Caprese salad tastes, I decided I wanted to make it in a little more heartier of a meal. I decided, what is more heartier, than lasagna.
9x13-inch Baking Pan
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts 1 can, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 cups Prego red sauce (I like basil flavor)
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 15 lasagna noodles cooked
- 12 slices low fat mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350F
In a large bowl, combine chicken, artichokes, the cottage cheese, 1/2 the basil, the minced garlic and tomatoes. Set aside.
Layer 5 noodles on the bottom of the 9x13 pan. Take half of the chicken mixture and spread it on the noodles. Place half of your sauce and half of your spinach on top. Add another layer of noodles and add your mixture, then cheese and spinach again.
Add the last of the noodles.
Place your mozzarella slices over the top of the noodles.
Top with the rest of the basil and cover with foil.
Bake 25 min. or until heated through.
Other variations of this recipe could include:
-shredded turkey breast
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 46mg | Sodium: 589mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 698IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 2mg