Wild Rice and Chicken Salad Recipe
An easy salad that is loaded with big flavor!!
- 4.2 ounces long grain and wild rice 1 package, (I used Rice a Roni brand)
- 2 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1½ cups green grapes halved
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts drained
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (can use reduced fat mayo)
- 1 cup cashews
- lettuce leaves
Cook rice according to package directions. Drain any extra liquid and cool to room temperature. Spoon rice into a large bowl and add cooked diced chicken, grapes, water chestnuts, and mayonnaise. Toss gently. Cover and chill. Just before serving add the cashews. Serve on lettuce leaves. You could also line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 229mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 74IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 2mg