Cinnamon Apple Pancakes Recipe
These Cinnamon Apple Pancakes are so easy to make, and are full of so much delicious flavor. If you are looking for a quick and healthy breakfast, we highly recommend these pancakes.
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely diced apples (I used Granny Smith apples- I even kept the skins on)
- 2½ cups flour
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves optional
In a large bowl, mix together melted butter, applesauce, eggs, milk, vanilla and shredded apple. Add in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg, and cloves and stir until just combined.
Preheat a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Scoop about 1/4 cup onto the hot surface and let cook for a couple of minutes on each side, flipping half way through. Best if served warm, topped with butter, maple syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
To make these a little healthier you can try:
- using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour
- using low-fat or skim milk
- using almond or soy milk
- using Greek yogurt in place of butter or oil
- add in some fruit (we love blueberries, strawberries and bananas)
- using 2 egg whites in place of 1 large egg
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 226mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 356IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 164mg | Iron: 2mg