Chocolate Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Chocolate Ganache Recipe
These Chocolate Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Chocolate Ganache are better than any chocolate covered strawberry. They are the perfect combination of sweet and fruity, and I promise you will not be disappointed.
Microwave Safe Bowl
- 15.25 ounces Milk Chocolate Cake Mix 1 box
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
Strawberry Buttercream Filling
- ½ cup butter softened to room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup strawberry preserves
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 drops red food coloring
Chocolate Ganache Layer
- 2¼ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup butter
Mix together the chocolate cake mix, eggs, and vegetable oil.
Roll into 1 inch balls.
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes.
Remove from baking sheet and let cool completely.
Mix buttercream filling ingredients together and spread a generous amount on each cookie.
For the chocolate Ganache layer melt the chocolate chips and butter in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
Stir until smooth and spread over frosted cookies.
- We love these cookies, but the frosting can take a little bit of time. If you are looking to save a little time, you could easily use a store bought can of strawberry frosting, that would work just as well.
Calories: 202kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 72mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg