Ramen Noodle Oriental Chicken Salad Recipe
This recipe is a family favorite we have loved for years. You could even serve this as a main dish if you were wanting a light, refreshing salad!
Servings: 6 people
Small Mixing Bowl
Medium Mixing Bowl
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 4½ Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 4½ Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-3 cups boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 1 head cabbage chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2½ ounces slivered almonds
- 2 packages Top Ramen noodles crushed into small pieces)
In a small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, rice vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and store in fridge until before serving.
In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, cabbage and sunflower seeds; set aside. In a pan over medium heat, warm up vegetable oil. Add Top Ramen noodles (without flavor packets) and cook until slightly brown. Add slivered almonds to the ramen and continue stirring over heat until golden brown. Once cool, add ramen mixture to the chicken/cabbage mixture and stir to combine.
Add dressing that you set aside and toss to coat before serving to avoid the noodles getting soggy.
- Try using some sesame oil when sautéing the ramen and almonds, it gives it a little more of an oriental taste.
Calories: 653kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 49g | Saturated Fat: 31g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 1439mg | Potassium: 628mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Vitamin C: 57mg | Calcium: 112mg | Iron: 3mg