Slow Cooker Mexican Haystacks Recipe
We love haystacks - especially when there is a slow cooker involved! These make the perfect weeknight meal!
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups salsa (your favorite salsa works great)
- 15 ounces corn 1 can, drained
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black olives 1 can, sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of them. Then spoon the salsa over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Shred meat and leave in crock pot on low until ready to serve.
To make your "Mexican Haystack" place your chicken on top of rice.
Then add your corn, black beans, olives, red peppers, cheese and sour cream.
- Rice is not included in nutritional information
Calories: 445kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 2416mg | Potassium: 1149mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 2129IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 3mg