Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe
This Slow Cooker Garlic and Brown Sugar Chicken is quick to throw together and has the most amazing flavor. If you need new slow cooker recipes, this is one I highly recommend trying. So simple, and full of flavor.
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs would work great too)
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon lime soda
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- 2 Tablespoons water
- Rice or noodles, cooked
- red pepper flakes optional
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (I used frozen chicken, thawed chicken works great too) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart) and pour remaining sauce into saucepan. Place saucepan over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
Serve chicken over rice or noodles and top with glaze. Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired.
- The best cornstarch replacements would be flour. You will want to be a little more careful with flour, because it lumps a little more. Be sure to whisk it, slowly together, using a little bit of flour at a time.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 27IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg