Overnight Peaches and Cream French Toast Recipe
A combination of my favorite breakfast with my favorite fruit, and it sure was delicious! The best part about this Overnight Peaches and Cream French Toast, is that you make it the night before and throw it in the oven in the morning for a quick, amazing breakfast!
Non-stick Cooking Spray
9x13-inch Baking Pan
Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 loaf French Bread sliced
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk (you could substitute this for any other milk, it just won't be as creamy)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 30 ounces sliced peaches in juice 2 (15 ounce) cans, drained
- ½ cup dark brown sugar packed
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup heavy cream
Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Slice bread and lay in a tight, flat layer in dish. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with milk, sugar and vanilla until blended; pour over bread. Arrange peaches on top and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon. Cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Remove baking dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F. Pour cream into a small pan; bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Drizzle over peaches and bake, uncovered, until casserole is lightly browned on top and just cooked through, 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- You will want to let it set overnight at least 8 hours to soak up all the yummy goodness. You may get by with 6 hours, but 8 is really best.
Calories: 276kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 236mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 599IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 2mg