Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe
I love a good slow cooker dinner, and this Slow Cooker Pepper Steak has me drooling. It is so simple to throw together and the flavor is absolutely amazing. You will love this delicious slow cooker dish.
Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 2 pounds beef sirloin cut into 2 inch strips (I also have used 2 lbs of stew meat and it works great!)
- garlic powder to taste
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup onion sliced
- 14.5 ounces stewed tomatoes with liquid
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place beef on bottom of crock pot and sprinkle with garlic powder.
Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat. Stir in onion, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
Cover, and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
For the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the sliced peppers and turn heat up to high (if it wasn't on high already). If you add the peppers any sooner, they become pretty mushy. I also added a tablespoon of cornstarch (mixed with 1 Tablespoon cool water) just before serving to the drippings left in the slow cooker, which made a yummy gravy that was perfect over rice.
- This recipe originally calls for corn starch to thicken it. However, if you don’t have any on hand, or prefer to use flour, flour would work just as well.
- You will want to whisk it in, ensuring that there are no flour lumps in your meal. Corn starch doesn’t clump up as much as flour, which is usually why we do cornstarch. But flour is a great alternative
Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 1134mg | Potassium: 767mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 812IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 4mg