Mom’s Easy Potato Salad Recipe
Everyone loves a good potato salad on a hot summer day! If you haven't made it for awhile, this is a new recipe you NEED to try!
Large Mixing Bowl
- 8 potatoes cooked and diced into bite size pieces
- 8 eggs hard boiled
- ¾ cup dill or sweet pickles diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise (you could also use Miracle Whip)
- 3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Salad Supreme Seasoning optional to sprinkle on top
Bring two pots of water to a boil. In one pot boil your potatoes for about 40 minutes, or until fork can easily pierce through the potato, but not too soft that they just fall apart. Drain water off of potatoes and let them cool (I usually put the potatoes in the fridge to cool).
Once your potatoes are cool, place potatoes, diced celery, and pickles in a large bowl. Dice the eggs and add it to the bowl (sometimes I will set aside 1 egg and slice it to put on top of the potato salad for presentation - totally not necessary, it's just what my mom always did).
In a separate small bowl, mix your mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar all together. Pour your sauce over the potato mixture in the big bowl and gently fold together. Add salt and pepper to taste. If it is dry, you can add more mayo to get it the texture you like. Top with Salad Supreme seasoning. As mentioned before, you can also save 1 hard boiled egg to slice and add it to the top.
Tips to make this salad even better:
1. Be sure to chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces. The smaller they are, the faster they will cook!
2. This recipe doesn’t call for onions, but onions chopped really small make this recipe taste delicious!
3. You can make this potato salad with sweet or dill pickles. Both ways taste delicious!
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 168mg | Sodium: 466mg | Potassium: 989mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 42mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 3mg