With Christmas right around the corner, our days are PACKED with stuff to do and last minute shopping (which by the way, I discovered tonight that my husband has not even STARTED his shopping! Are you kidding me?!?!) and I have seriously been using my slow cooker every single day for the past week. I don’t think that my family would ever eat dinner without my beloved crock pot! 🙂
Serves: 6 people
Slow Cooker Nacho Grande Soup Recipe
This soup is cheesy, easy, and delicious
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 ounce package taco seasoning (I used low sodium)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chilis (do not drain)
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1½ cups crushed tortilla chips (for topping)
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place cooked meat mixture in slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, cheddar cheese soup, tomatoes, milk, and 1 cup shredded cheese. Stir together and cook on low for 3-4 hours. (This soup can also be kept on a warm setting for an additional 4 hours).
- Stir before serving.
- Top individual servings with crushed tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
You can also make this just on your stove top. Brown the beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked. Then in a large pot, add all ingredients and heat over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir well before serving.
Calories: 538 kcal · Carbohydrates: 33 g · Protein: 32 g · Fat: 32 g · Saturated Fat: 15 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 106 mg · Sodium: 1165 mg · Potassium: 609 mg · Fiber: 3 g · Sugar: 7 g · Vitamin A: 1181 IU · Vitamin C: 8 mg · Calcium: 445 mg · Iron: 4 mg
- Slow Cooker
Adapted from Pillsbury.