We love haystacks – especially when there is a slow cooker involved! These make the perfect weeknight meal!
Slow Cooker Mexican Haystacks Recipe
We love haystacks - especially when there is a slow cooker involved! These make the perfect weeknight meal!
- ½ package taco seasoning mix
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups salsa (your favorite salsa works great)
- 15 ounces corn 1 can, drained
- 15 ounces black beans 1 can, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces black olives 1 can, sliced
- 1 red pepper chopped
- ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fat free sour cream
- Place chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle the taco seasoning on top of them. Then spoon the salsa over the chicken. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-8. Shred meat and leave in crock pot on low until ready to serve.
- To make your "Mexican Haystack" place your chicken on top of rice.
- Then add your corn, black beans, olives, red peppers, cheese and sour cream.
- Rice is not included in nutritional information
Calories: 445 kcal · Carbohydrates: 48 g · Protein: 30 g · Fat: 18 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 59 mg · Sodium: 2416 mg · Potassium: 1149 mg · Fiber: 14 g · Sugar: 10 g · Vitamin A: 2129 IU · Vitamin C: 34 mg · Calcium: 182 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Slow Cooker
- Bear Claws