Sometimes, when you don’t feel like going to the grocery store with your three kids, you just start throwing things together that you have on hand and pray that it all works out in the end to be an edible dinner. That’s how this recipe started out . . . and I am so happy to report that it not only worked, but it is probably one of the best pork recipes I have made to date!
Be warned- this pork is pretty sweet (which is exactly the way I like it!), so feel free to add less brown sugar if that suits your taste.
I served my sweet pork on King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls that I found at the grocery store, but any roll will work!
related recipe: you’ll love this easy SLOW COOKER ROOT BEER PULLED PORK SANDWICH. A great meal to feed a crowd.
Slow Cooker Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Pork Recipe
- 3 pound pork shoulder or butt roast
- ½ cup brown sugar plus 2 Tablespoons for rub
- 20 ounces pineapple rings 1 can, (reserve juice)
- 2 Teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- rolls for serving
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Take 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and rub on all sides of the roast; set roast in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, mix together brown sugar, juice from can of pineapple rings, liquid smoke, and BBQ sauce. Pour of roast in slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred roast (it should literally fall apart). Scoop shredded pork onto individual rolls, top with a pineapple ring, and serve.
- Rolls are not included in nutritional information
- Slow Cooker
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Medium Bowl
- 2 Forks
Looking for more easy slow cooker dishes?
- Slow Cooker Au Jus Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pork Quesadillas
- Slow Cooker Kung Pao Chicken
- Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Ham and Pineapple Sandwiches