Join us on Facebook for our latest recipes!
My family is absolutely addicted to frosting.
There is even one sister (I won’t name names, but her name does rhyme with Bisten- ha ha. I know that is not a word, but what else rhymes with Kristen?) who I save my leftover frosting for and she will eat it straight out of the container.
I wish she lived closer so that I could share this frosting with her, IT IS AMAZING.
I use it for all my cupcakes lately and not only does it taste amazing, but it is so easy to pipe with and decorate with.
why should i gradually add the sugar?
In the instructions we explain to gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
We recommend this method of adding frosting because it keeps the frosting from crystallizing and doesn’t make it chunky. It just makes it smooth. It also allows you to see how much more powdered sugar you need.
If you add too much, it’s hard to go back and get it to a thinner consistency, but you can always add more. We also recommend scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl, to make sure all the powdered sugar is mixed in nicely, and you won’t have white streaks of powdered sugar when you pipe or frost.
However, if you do add too much powdered sugar, and you need to thin this icing, add a small amount of light corn syrup.
For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. It can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. We recommend giving it a good whip before spreading it on something again, or reusing it after is has sat for a while.
watch how to make another frosting favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
Your family will love these marshmallow and frosting covered brownies. Watch how to make them, here:
Looking for more delicious cupcake recipes?Here are a few of our favorite:
Peanut Butter Brownie Buckeye Cupcakes
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Lemon Cupcakes with Blackberry Buttercream Frosting
Texas Sheet Cake Cupcakes
Banana Split Cupcakes
The Perfect Buttercream Icing Recipe and Cupcake Tip
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar (1 pound)
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- food coloring (to get that pink color in the picture, I added 4 drops of red food coloring to my icing)
- Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer.
- Add vanilla and gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry.
- Add milk and beat at a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- If you need to thin this icing, add a small amount of light corn syrup.
- For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. It can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Rewhip before using. Yields 3 cups.
- We recommend adding the powdered sugar slowly to the frosting because it keeps the frosting from crystallizing and doesn’t make it chunky. It just makes it smooth. It also allows you to see how much more powdered sugar you need.
- Electric Mixer
- Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews