Sometimes I just want peanut butter and M&Ms (okay not sometimes… I want them everyday).
I decided to make something fast and easy so I could have these two amazing ingredients together.
I served some right out of the oven with some ice cream on top. With the rest, I let them cool and then ate them the next day!
We aren’t huge chocolate lovers at our house, so having a peanut butter cookie with just the right amount of chocolate made these the perfect dessert.
What are blondies?
Haven’t heard of blondies? Welcome to a whole new world of dessert!
Blondies are basically the non-chocolate version of brownies. Most blondies have a sugar, peanut butter, or plain base with delicious fillings.
The consistency of a blondie is a lot different than a cookie. Definitely more on the gooey and delicious bar side of desserts.
We make these constantly at our house! Between the six of us, we have a large variety of blondies. Here are just a few of our favorites you HAVE to check out!
- Butterfinger Blondies: Pretty similar with a peanut butter base, but stuffing these full of crushed up butterfingers makes for a delicious treat.
- Easy Snickerdoodle Blondies: Would you believe me if I told you these only had 6 ingredients? SO yummy!
- Cake Batter Blondies: Would it really be a dessert from Six Sisters’ Stuff if we didn’t have the cake batter version? Equally as delicious with minimal ingredients.
How to make Peanut Butter M&M Blondies:
Let’s get baking! Here are the step by step instructions on making our Peanut Butter M&M Blondies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and light brown sugar. Mix thoroughly. Add in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the peanut butter and make sure all of the wet ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the salt and flour. Then gently mix in 1 cup of M&M’s.
- Spread the brownie mixer in the baking dish and spread out evenly with a plastic spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of M&M’s on top and press into the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
If you’d like to double this recipe, we recommend doing so in a 9×13” pan, rather than a cookie sheet. This will keep them thick and chewy.
This particular recipe does NOT call for baking powder or baking soda. It may seem odd, but these will turn out just fine without!
We used Mini M&M’s in this recipe, but regular M&M’s work great. You could also substitute Reese’s pieces or another favorite chocolate candy.
We’d recommend letting these cool for about 20 minutes before cutting them up, if you want them to keep their shape. For a delicious dessert, scoop them out 5 minutes after baking and top them with ice cream.
More m&M Recipes on Six Sisters’ Stuff
Here are a few more recipes using M&M’s!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
In this video we show you how to make our delicious Magic Cookie Bars!