How to make Oven-Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a large piece of foil on a cookie sheet (make sure it’s as long or longer than the cookie sheet). Spread the chopped veggies on top of the foil in a single layer. In this batch, we used an onion, zucchini, potatoes, carrots, and asparagus.
- Drizzle veggies with olive oil. (Between the aluminum foil and the olive oil, it will make for a quick and easy clean up and no sticking).
- Sprinkle the packet of dressing mix over the veggies and mix thoroughly (you can use a spatula, but we’ve found the easiest way to do it is with your hands). Make sure that all the veggies are covered with oil and dressing mix.
- Place another piece of foil over the veggies (you may need use two to make sure it is fully tented). Close the edges of the foil. It should look like one giant hobo dinner.
- Cook for about an hour (the thickness of your veggies will determine how long it takes). You can check at 50 minutes to make sure they don’t get too soft.
Here are some of our favorite vegetables to use:
- Potatoes (sweet or regular)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Peppers (Red, green, yellow, and orange)
Our favorite seasonings:
Our favorite way to season these veggies is quickly – we usually use a ranch seasoning mix or Italian dressing mix.
If you want to use a homemade seasoning mix, try the ranch mix from these potatoes.
They also taste great drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or with the seasonings from this recipe.
Can you make these ahead of time?
You could definitely make these ahead of time. Just chop all your veggies, mix them with the olive oil and dressing mix, then refrigerate them until you’re ready to bake.
We wouldn’t recommend freezing them (especially with the potatoes) because they tend to go a little too mushy.
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
These veggies pair perfectly with these main dishes:
- Baked Ranch Chicken
- Easy Marinated Pork Chops
- Maple Dijon Glazed Chicken
- Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- Cream Cheese and Pesto Stuffed Chicken
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
Try this twist on oven roasted vegetables – with apple sausage!