I am always looking for ways to “spice up” plain ol’ chicken breasts and this recipe became one of my top favorites! Whenever we go to Outback Steakhouse, my husband always gets a big steak and I always order their Alice Springs Chicken.
Then when I found this recipe, I decided to put it to the test to see if it tastes anything like the restaurant’s chicken . I dare say that it was almost better and it’s easy to make. So if you need a meal that will impress your dinner guests, look no further because here it is!
Alice Springs is a city in Australia, hence the name of this chicken from Outback Steakhouse. This is a favorite dish for many Outback Steakhouse fans, and definitely a Six Sisters’ FAVORITE!
Tips for making Alice Spring Rolls:
- Cook the bacon prior to putting the Alice Springs chicken in the oven. Need a quicker option? Buy precooked bacon at the store.
- You can make this dish with pre-cooked chicken, you will not need to cook as long since your chicken is already cooked. You will want to be sure everything is heated through and the cheese is melted
- Not enough time to let your sauce set overnight? No worries, it will still taste delicious!
Other Ways You can Make Alice Spring Rolls
- Sauté the chicken in bacon grease.
- Yellow mustard? Dijon mustard? Whatever you have on hand makes a great honey mustard.
- Don’t like mushrooms? Try grilled or caramelized onions. Jalapeno or banana peppers add a
- Experiment with the cheeses. Try a pepper jack or habanero blend.
- Turkey bacon and light mayo help cut the calories with the same great taste.
- Need some crunch? Add onion straws on top.
- Tastes great served over rice.
- Leftovers? Shred the chicken and use for quesadillas or to top your salad
Great sides dishes that go with Outback Steakhouse Alice Springs Chicken
- Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad Recipe
- Fresh Berry Salad
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- Parmesan Lemon Asparagus
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!