We served this dessert to welcome in the New Year. It was a huge hit. It’s so easy to make and will feed a crowd.
We love cheesecake, and this is so delicious with a vanilla wafer crust and a pudding and cream cheese filling. You family is going to love this.
what other pie filling could you make this recipe with?
I love cherries. Especially in the summer time, there is no better fruit. I love when they pop in my mouth and how sweet and delicious they taste.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious cherry recipe, this is definitely one you need to try. If you don’t like cherries, or can’t eat them for some reason, don’t panic, you can easily substitute them for another pie filling.
Here are a few that we recommend:
- Strawberry Pie Filling
- Apple Pie Filling
- Raspberry Pie Filling
- Blueberry Pie Filling
- Rhubarb Pie Filling
Really any favorite pie filling would work for this recipe. You could also use fresh fruit if you are looking for a lower sugar, option.
If you like this cheesecake, you’ll love our Blueberry Jamboree.
here is exactly what you will need to make delicious layered cherry cheesecake
- Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- Chopped Pecans
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Cool Whip
- Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Cherry Pie Filling
how to make layered cherry cheesecake
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the vanilla wafer crumbs, melted butter, and 1 cup of the chopped pecans.
- Spread into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake for 15 minutes and cool completely.
- In anther mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of the Cool Whip. Stir until well blended.
- Carefully spread over the cooled vanilla wafer crust. (Be sure the crust is completely cooled)
- In another bowl combine the pudding mixes and milk until well blended. Then fold in 1 1/2 cups of Cool Whip. Mix until smooth and then spread this over the cream cheese mixture. Make sure you get all the way to the edges of the pan.
- Top with cherry pie filling. Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the cherry filling.
- Spread the remaining 1/2 cup of chopped pecans over top.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Then slice cheescake and serve.
what could i use instead of pecans?
I love the sweet and savory combination with the pecans and the fruit, in this dessert. It also adds a nice crunch.
But if you don’t have any on-hand, or you have an allergy, you could easily replace it. We recommend a different nut (maybe not peanuts) or graham crackers.
I have made this with vanilla wafers and it was absolutely delicious. Then I just crumbled up a few on top for garnish, and it looked just as tasty.
Looking for another cheesecake recipe? watch how to make one here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
If you have never tried No Bake Cheesecake, you need to. It is so creamy and delicious. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more cherry inspired recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Chocolate Cherry Chunk Brownies
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Puff Pastry Cherry Turnovers
- Bite Size Cherry Pies
- Cherry Chocolate Nut Bars
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Recipe adapted from Lemon Tree Dwelling