Inspired Coleslaw Recipe
Did you know we get a lot of our recipe inspiration from our favorite restaurants? We love making restaurant-worthy recipes at home!
This KFC Coleslaw is spot on and goes perfectly with just about any meal.
To cut down on time, buy a bag of shredded cabbage and carrots in the produce section of your grocery store. If the cabbage is cut too thick, you can finely chop what’s in the bag or run it through the food processor.
coleslaw Recipe ingredients?
- head of cabbage
- shredded carrots
- Miracle Whip (not mayo – to taste like KFC, we need the tang in Miracle Whip!)
- lemon juice
- white vinegar
- salt and pepper
The secret to a Perfect Coleslaw recipe
We’ve accumulated a lot of tips and tricks over the years and our secret for coleslaw may just be the best one.
If you want perfect coleslaw there is just one thing every great coleslaw recipes asks you to do: let it marinate! This coleslaw recipe will come together in just a matter of minutes, but making sure you give it at least four hours for the flavors to soak together is crucial.
That being said, make sure not to combine your dressing and cabbage too early. We would recommend not making this coleslaw recipe more than 24 hours before serving for maximum freshness.
Coleslaw REcipe Tweaks
Over the years we’ve had so many readers write in to tell us how much they love this copycat KFC coleslaw recipe.
Here are some of their great ideas on tweaking this recipe to fit your tastebuds:
- If you don’t like the taste of minced onions you can substitute celery seed and still get a good crunch. Some added celery seeds despite keeping in the onions.
- Some say tarragon vinegar is better than white, but we’ll leave that up to you to decide.
- Don’t have buttermilk? Plain yogurt works great as a substitute!
- Adding just a little bit of horseradish can bring your flavor up a few notches.
- Put your slaw through the food processor to finely chop your cabbage if you don’t like the texture of chopped cabbage.
- Add raisins for a sweet taste and mix-up in texture.
This can be the toughest part of making coleslaw from home! Seems like after just a day or so coleslaw can get super soggy and become a puddle of liquid.
The trick to keeping your coleslaw at the perfect consistency is to store it in an airtight container. You can store it in the fridge, keeping it fresh for 3-5 days.
Restaurant Recipes at Home
If you love this KFC coleslaw dressing, be sure to check out our brand NEW cookbook. We take 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and make them at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
The best foods to serve with coleslaw
I’ve said it before, and I will say it again, this KFC CopyCat Coleslaw goes with just about everything. Here’s what we usually pair it with:
- Slow Cooker Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork
- 3 Ingredient BBQ Baked Salmon
- Easy Oven Baked BBQ Ribs
- Honey BBQ Meatloaf
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
Our KFC Copycat Coleslaw pairs great with our Smoky BBQ Pulled Pork!