I have only owned my Instant Pot for a short amount of time and this is the second recipe that I am sharing on our blog that is for the Instant Pot (even though my sisters have been sharing tons of Instant Pot recipes!). You can check out the first Instant Pot recipe that I shared HERE.
Up until this point, I have been the slow cooker queen (that is a self-given title) and have posted over 150 slow cooker recipes on our blog personally. I LOVE my slow cooker.
However, this Instant Pot has earned a spot on my kitchen counter – I am LOVING how quickly it cooks my meals, which means I can have dinner on the table in a matter of minutes!
Today’s recipe for Cheesy Taco Pasta is no different – this is such an easy recipe and it’s ready in 30 minutes flat.
if you love this instant pot cheesy beef taco pasta, you’ll want to try our instant pot dr pepper pulled pork! It’s so moist and full of flavor.
What Instant Pot do I use?
I have the Instant Pot LUX 6 Quart 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker. It’s basically 6 appliances in 1 – pressure cooker, rice cooker, saute, steamer, cake maker, and warmer.
If you are new to using your Instant Pot, I would highly recommend checking out these 3 easy recipes that you can make in your Instant Pot:
How to make Cheesy Beef Taco Pasta in your Instant Pot:
- Plug in your Instant Pot and push “saute” button. Add in ground beef and onion and brown until fully cooked.
- Add in taco seasoning, pasta, salsa, chilies, and chicken broth. Stir to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal. Make sure that your valve is in the “seal” position and not the “vent” position.
- Push the “manual” button and then set for 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to pressurize and then it will start the 5 minute cooking time.
- Once the 5 minutes are up, do a quick release (move the valve from “seal” to “vent”) and let all the pressure out. Once the steam has stopped coming out of the vent and the pin in the lid has dropped, remove the lid.
- Stir the pasta, add in the cheese and stir until completely combined, add salt and pepper as needed, and serve.
If desired, top with your favorite taco toppings.
Our favorite toppings for taco pasta:
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced green onions
- sour cream
- fresh cilantro
- crushed tortilla chips
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Check out our other favorite Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Instant Pot 7 Can Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde
- Instant Pot Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Recipe adapted from Simply Happy Foodie
Have you checked out our YouTube channel?
This Pesto Cavatappi is one of our favorite pasta dishes!