My girls have been begging me to dye Easter eggs so I though I would share with you how we dye them without a dying kit! My girls loving add the food coloring, and we can make them the whole month long without paying $4.00 for the little tablets!
What You Need:
- 12 Hard-boiled eggs (or more if desired)
- Paper towels or newspaper
- Bowls or cups deep enough to completely submerge an egg (mugs work great)
- Tongs, egg dipper, or spoon
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Liquid food coloring (about 20 drops per color)
1. Start with cooled hard-boiled eggs. (Find out how we make the perfect hard boiled egg HERE)
2. Protect your surface by covering with a sheet of newspaper or paper towel.
3. Fill container with the mixture of water, vinegar, and food coloring.
4. Place your egg on a spoon and dunk it, turning occasionally so both sides get color. Keep in liquid for up to 5 minutes, leave in longer for a darker color.
5. Carefully remove the egg and set aside to dry.