One of the first words out of my oldest son’s mouth was “rolls” Whenever you would ask him his favorite food, they were always his answer.
I love homemade rolls so much better than anything from the store, and these orange rolls definitely didn’t disappoint.
The sweet orange glaze is my favorite part. Not only is it delicious, but it is so easy to make. If you have never made rolls before, this is the recipe to start with. It’s simple, delicious, and your family is going to love it.
tips for making homemade orange rolls:
- Be sure the ingredients you are stirring together in the sauce pan (milk, oil, and sugar), reach a temperature of 150 degrees F.If you do not have a food thermometer, I usually measure this by looking at the bubbles it creates. Small bubbles should form at the edges, and pop at the surface.
You do not want this to be a roaring boil, just little tiny bubbles around the edges.
- You do need to let the mixture sit for 30 minutes. It may be a little warm when you add the yeast, but as long as you follow the directions, your dough will be perfect.
- We have only made this recipe using active dry yeast. These rolls have turned out perfectly for us, each time we have made them.
- When allowing the dough to rise for one hour, I usually place my dough in a warm area.
- I usually try to put it in the sunlight by my kitchen window, but you could also place it on a warm stove, with lights on above it. The dough will also rise, just sitting on your counter as well.
- You will definitely want to place flour down before rolling out your dough, to keep it from sticking. I even like to rub a little on the rolling pin as well, with my hands, before putting it on the dough.
- If you use floss to cut your rolls, we recommend using non-mint flavored floss. Once they cook, the mint flavor will cook out, but we have tasted remnants before.
- Fishing wire also works great for this as well. As you cut, your cinnamon rolls may bunch a little, so I like to fix mine up with my hands before placing them in the pan.
looking for a cream cheese frosting recipe?
I am a lover of cream cheese. I love cheesecake, cream cheese spreads, and especially cream cheese frosting.
If you are looking for a good cream cheese recipe, you have to check out our Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. We put it on just about everything.
looking for another delicious and fruity breakfast recipe?
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can trust your family will love it.
Our family loves making these Stuffed Cinnamon Sticks for breakfast on Christmas morning. They are so easy to make and taste delicious.
Watch how to make the recipe, here:
looking for more cinnamon roll recipes?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!