We think you’ll agree that these Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups are so easy to make. It’s a great meal that the entire family will love. You can’t go wrong with these delicious roll-ups.
We partially thaw some store bought roll dough and roll up the ham, pineapple, and Swiss cheese inside. When they come out of the oven we cover them with a little melted butter.
You could easily make these roll-ups with your own bread dough recipe. We like the convenience of store bought frozen roll dough. After you thaw the rolls for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, the rest is quick and easy.
Related recipe: Mom’s Chicken and Cream Cheese Roll-Ups
These roll-ups can be completely made and the leftovers will freeze great. Then just thaw and reheat in the microwave when ready to eat. They make a quick lunch, meal, or snack.
can you use homemade bread dough in place of the store bought?
We have always used the frozen roll dough from the grocery store for convenience. But if you have a favorite homemade roll dough, you could easily use homemade in place of the store bought dough.
You will want to roll each homemade roll dough ball into a 5-6 inch circle. Then follow the rest of the recipe as directed.
how to make ham and pineapple roll-ups
A few simple ingredients to make a quick and delicious dinner the whole family will love.
Follow these easy steps on how to make Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups. The full recipe with measurements and directions is listed further down in this post.
- Thaw 12 frozen dinner rolls in a plastic storage or freezer bag for about 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until soft. You don’t want the rolls to start rising.
- Roll out each roll into a 6 inch circle with a rolling pin and stretch it out with your hands.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Place a slice of ham on each roll. You don’t want it to hang over, so if it’s wider than the roll, cut it in half and lay on top of each other or if it’s thin enough, just fold over.
- Place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of the ham.
- Then place 3 pineapple chunks on top of the cheese.
- Fold the dough around the filling and pinch the seams shut with your fingers.
- Place each of the stuffed rolls on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Be sure that all holes and seams are sealed shut so that cheese doesn’t melt out.
- Place in the oven that has been heated to 350 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and rub butter on top of the cooked roll-ups.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
helpful items used in this recipe
- Rolling Pin – This stainless steel rolling pin is on our must have list. Great for cookies and pastry dough.
- Cookie Sheet– We love these commercial grade cookie sheets that come in a 2 pack.
- Spatula – A favorite spatula that is so sturdy and easy to use.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook,Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
Here are some of our favorite side dishes that would go great with Ham and Pineapple Roll-Ups:
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Smashed Cheese Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Brown Sugar and Bacon Green Beans
- Layered Green Salad
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch this easy You Tube video on how to make our Delicious Cream Cheese Roll-Ups