Well, it’s the last unofficial weekend of summer . . .
I am always sad to see summer go, but we definitely aren’t going down without one last grilling session!
(Actually, I grill year-round, so that’s a lie. 🙂 I have even been known to shovel a path from my back door to my grill in the winter so I can have a taste of summer when I am up to my elbows in Utah snow. It’s how I get through the cold days of winter . . . oh summer! Don’t leave!!! I am not ready!)
Anyway, if you need a delicious dish to grill this weekend, look no further.
You can thread onto kabobs like I did, or this marinade would be awesome for chicken breasts or thighs.
Grilled Chinese Chicken Kabobs Recipe
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons minced onion
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
- Mix together the first seven ingredients and place in a gallon-sized resealable bag. Place chicken pieces in the bag and mix until all the chicken is completely coated. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (I recommend more like 6-8 hours).
- Remove chicken from fridge and thread chicken on skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning). Discard marinade.
- Place kabobs on a grill over medium-high heat. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and has an internal temperature of 165 degrees (about 10 minutes, turning chicken once).
Top with sliced green onions and serve with Grilled Caramelized Pineapple.