Easy biscuit chicken pot pie is all the yummy goodness of a classic chicken pot pie. But we’ve kicked the flavor up a notch, and at the same time we simplified the recipe.
This recipe is perfect for the beginner cook, or for someone that has been cooking for years. It’s comes together so fast and we love that the ingredients are common ingredients you might have on hand.
We love that this chicken pot pie is loaded with veggies and chicken. Then you top it off with biscuits, it’s a whole meal in itself.
can you substitute other meat?
We love this Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie with chicken added. We cook our chicken ahead of time. If you have leftover turkey, you can easily add it to the recipe.
If you are really looking for a short cut, you could cut up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Canned chicken is also an option.
store bought or homemade biscuits?
We have always made Easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie with store bought biscuits. We like to use Pillsbury biscuits. They are easier to form into the muffin pan.
Store brand biscuits will also work well. They are very inexpensive, and still do the job.
Homemade biscuits are another option for this recipe. Just add them to the top of the recipe after you have cut them out into circles. Watch them closely as the cooking time could vary. Just be sure the pot pie is heated through.
how to make Easy biscuit chicken pot pie
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a large pan heat your oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, saute the onions, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and peas until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to a bowl with the chicken; set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the butter to the same pot. When melted, stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and thyme. Allow the sauce to simmer for 1 minute to thicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the vegetables and chicken to the pot, stirring until the filling is well-combined. If the filling is too thick, stir in some extra chicken broth milk.
- Pour the filling into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and bake for 18 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven (keeping the oven on and door closed) and top the filling with 8 biscuits.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
helpful items used for this recipe
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish – A favorite glass baking dish that comes with a lid.
- Frying pan/skillet – We love this skillet with a non stick coating.
- Mixing bowl set – Always our favorite glass mixing bowl set with 3 sizes of bowls.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
some tasty side dishes to go with this casserole
This easy Biscuit Chicken Pot Pie is so easy, you’ll have plenty of time for some great side dishes.
Have you seen our YouTube channel?