You can pre-order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $14!
This book is due to be released on September 30, so grab this deal while you can (regularly $19.99).
Get the book HERE!
Happy Zucchini season!
You may have noticed that we have a lot of zucchini recipes . . . it seems to be that the only thing I am able to successfully grow in my garden are zucchini!
This has been one of my favorite recipes to date- it’s pretty much delicious zucchini bread with thick frosting on top. And it’s amazing. 🙂
Cinnamon Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious spiced zucchini cake topped with thick cream cheese frosting.
12 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
52 minTotal Time
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix well.
- Fold in zucchini and stir until completely mixed in. Pour batter into prepared 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While the cake cools, mix together frosting ingredients and spread over the top of the cooled cake.
- If desired, sprinkle the top of the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe inspired by Gold Medal Flour
Looking for more zucchini recipes?
Double Chocolate Zucchini Cookies
Chicken Zucchini Casserole
Zucchini Parmesan Bake
Classic Zucchini Bread
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Brownies