We have been trying to find some healthier recipes lately, and came across an enchilada recipe that had ground beef and back beans.
However, ground beef can make me a little sick, so I opted for ground turkey instead. They tasted amazing
They were so delicious and filling that my husband could only eat one. They only required a few ingredients, and take minutes to make.
tips for making Black Bean and Turkey Enchiladas
- First you cook your ground turkey in a non-stick pan. I like to rinse mine once it is done cooking, just because the grease from the meat is a little gross to me.
- Once the ground turkey is cooked, add the washed and drained black beans. You don’t have to drain them, but it might make your enchilada’s a little soggy if you don’t.
- You can also use any bean you would like. I have only tried black beans, but pinto would be delicious as well. Again, I would wash and drain whatever bean is used.
- We like to flavor our meat by using a taco or fajita seasoning packet. I used a taco seasoning packet on mine.
- Sprinkle it over the cooked ground turkey and black beans until it is evenly mixed.
Related Article: Add this White Chicken Enchilada Casserole to your meal rotation!
- I try to opt for a healthier recipe so I went for the whole wheat tortillas, but my husband prefers white flour tortillas. You could use any tortilla for this recipe, they would all taste great. It is just what you prefer.
- Place about 1/2 cup of the mixture in each tortilla, and roll it up. Place each tortilla in a sprayed 9×13″ pan.
- Once all the enchilada’s have been rolled up, pour about 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce over each one. Sprinkle your favorite cheese on top of the covered enchilada’s. I used a Mexican blend of pre-shredded cheese.
what to garnish your enchiladas with:
Garnish with your favorite toppings such as shredded lettuce, olives, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, avocado, etc. Eat warm and enjoy.
Could i make these with ground beef?
Ground beef is a little more inexpensive than ground turkey, and many people prefer the taste of ground beef as well. In this recipe you can’t really tell it is ground turkey.
However, if you were wanting to use beef in this recipe, you most definitely could. Beef cooks just like ground turkey, and no other areas of the recipe need to be fixed or changed.
watch how to make our famous enchiladas here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make our famous and delicious Mexican dish, Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, here:
looking for more enchilada recipes?
- Creamy Spinach Enchiladas
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
- Hearty Ground Beef Enchiladas
- Avocado Chicken Enchiladas
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!