We love banana bread and banana desserts. When bananas are added to the mix, you know it’s going to be soft and chewy. We love these super moist Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Don’t toss out those ripe bananas at the end of the week. It’s a key ingredient for these cookies. They add so much flavor mixed in with milk chocolate chips. Banana and chocolate is a match made in Heaven.
These cookies have no eggs in the dough, it’s replaced with bananas. They are so easy to make. You’ll add them to your regular cookie rotation.
how ripe should bananas be for baking in bread and cookies?
When perfect banana for banana bread, banana cake, and banana cookies are very ripe. We are talking more than just a few brown spots.
So how dark should we let them get? If you can get them to the point of dark brown, to almost black in color; that’s a sweet ripe banana.
When they are very ripe it gives your bread and cookies a delicious sweet banana flavor. You may think they are turning black and so you need to toss them out.
NO. Those are the sweet bananas that will give you the most flavor when baking.
other add ins for these banana chocolate chip cookies
We love a few fun add ins when making cookies. These banana chocolate chip cookies are an easy cookie to throw in a few of your favorite ingredients.
If you can throw it into your banana bread, you can easily adapt the recipe and add it into these cookies. Here are a few of our favorite add ins.
- Chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Shredded Coconut
- Butterscotch Chips
how to make banana chocolate chip cookies
You will be surprised that these amazing cookies include simple ingredients we usually have on hand.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer for about 2 minutes until light and smooth.
- Add in the mashed bananas and vanilla and mix together on low speed.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt to the banana mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon just until they are mixed in.
- Chill dough for at least 40 minutes.
- Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Place on a cooling rack until ready to eat.
helpful items used in banana chocolate chip cookies
- Hand Mixer – A great hand mixer that will last for years.
- Wooden Spoons – We love using wooden spoons for salad, desserts, and casseroles. A great kitchen tool.
- Non Stick Cookie Sheets – These are some of our favorite cookie sheets.
- Cooling Racks – These come in a set of 2. Great for cooling cookies.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
here are more of our favorite banana recipes
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Banana Cream Pudding Cookies
- Pineapple Banana Bread
- Banana Nut Blondies with Maple Frosting
- Banana and Peanut Butter Mini Muffins
Have you seen our YouTube channel?
Watch how easy it is to make Monkey Tails – Chocolate Covered Bananas.