As we head into colder weather, I’m trying to enjoy some warm, fall dishes without packing on a few pounds! These Coconut Pecan Sweet Potatoes are a much healthier version of “candied” potatoes. The coconut is sweet, but not overwhelming – the pecans add a nice crunch. Plus – I love that this is a slow cooker side dish, so you can just set them in and let their delicious cinnamon-y scent fill your home!
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped (I made them squares about ½” by ½”)
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Place potatoes in a slow cooker that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Place pecans, coconut, brown sugar, white sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until completely combined.
- Pour pecan mixture over top of the potatoes.
- Cook on high for 3½ – 4 hours until potatoes are tender.
- Serve warm.
Recipe from: Taste of Home
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE!
You can order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $15!
Get the book HERE!
This book is loaded with all of our Christmas favorites- cookies, fudge, dinners, neighbor gifts, decorations, traditions, ideas for service, and of course Christmas morning breakfast. We LOVE the holidays and can’t wait to share them with you!