I don’t know if this dish counts as “authentic” Chinese food . . . but does it really matter if it tastes amazing and the whole family loves it? This meal will quickly become a regular at your house!
Chinese Chicken Stir-Fried Rice
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups carrots and peas, frozen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- In a large skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrots and peas and cook until vegetables are tender. Crack eggs into the pan and scramble, mixing with all the vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice, cooked chicken, and soy sauce to the pan and stir. Remove from heat and serve.
Six Sisters Stuff
Recipe slightly adapted from Rachel Schultz