We are SO excited to introduce to you our friend Christy’s new book, The Girl Who Ate Everything. If you follow her blog, you know that she shares the same belief we do about recipes – they should be quick, simple, and taste delicious!
From fabulous breakfasts to delicious appetizers, main dishes, and desserts – Christy’s recipes are perfect for busy moms and are made with ingredients you already have on hand! Plus, each recipe has a photo, so you can see what you’re making (that’s our favorite!). It took me forever to pick JUST ONE recipe to share, but I finally settled on the Easy Baked Rigatoni. My husband gave it 5 stars and two thumbs way up!
- 12 oz rigatoni pasta
- 3 spicy Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2½ cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and place back in the pot.
- Add the sausage to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook until browned and crumbly. Drain and add to the pasta.
- Discard the leftover grease and add the olive oil to the pan. Add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes or until veggies are soft. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the onion mixture over the sausage and pasta mixture and toss together.
- Add the marinara, ½ cup of the mozzarella, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Toss together until combined.
- Pour mixture in to the prepared dish and top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown. Cool slightly and serve.
Be sure to check out Christy’s cookbook, HERE!