Our dear friend Ashton from Something Swanky is having a baby boy! In order to celebrate, we’ve teamed up with 21 other bloggers to bring you delicious baby shower sweets and treats. Even though we wish we could celebrate in person, we’ll settle for sharing one of our favorites, Butterfinger Cupcakes! Keep on scrolling to the bottom of the post to see all the other recipes, too!
My husband absolutely LOVES Butterfingers. They are one of his most favorite candy bars. I didn’t know this until a month or two ago, so I surprised him with these Butterfinger cupcakes! With a doctored cake mix to make the bottom moist, and a peanut butter buttercream frosting to top it off, they are now a staple at every special occasion at our house!
- 1 15.25-oz yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 regular sized Butterfinger candy bars
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 bag Butterfinger bites for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, use a cheese grater to grate the Butterfinger candy bars into fine crumbs (reserving a small bit to use for toppings). Add the eggs, oil, milk, sour cream, and vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the cake mix and stir until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners about ¾ of the way full, then bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Whip the butter on medium-high for a good 4-5 minutes, stopping to scrape the bowl once or twice.
- Reduce the speed to low, and slowly add the powdered sugar. You can add more or less powdered sugar depending on how thick you want your icing.
- Once the powdered sugar is all incorporated, add in your peanut butter and vanilla.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and whip until light and fluffy (about two minutes).
- Top cupcakes with frosting, a Butterfinger bite and leftover grated butterfinger.
Equipment needed for this recipe:
Are you on Pinterest?
We would love to have you follow along for all of our recipes, crafts, projects, and other fun finds!
Click HERE to follow!