- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- ⅓ cup of all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place a pot of water on the stove and bring the water to a boil. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Once the water is boiling put your potatoes in for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; add sugar, sweet and condensed milk, 3 tablespoons of melted butter, ½ teaspoon salt, and vanilla. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add eggs; beat well. Pour potato mixture into a 13 x 9–inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, brown sugar, and ⅛ teaspoon salt; stir with a whisk. Stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over potato mixture; arrange pecans evenly over top. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or just until golden.
- Preheat broiler (remove casserole from oven).
- Broil casserole 45 seconds or until topping is bubbly. Let stand a little bit before serving.
Looking for more sweet potato recipes?
These are some of my favorites!
25 Easy Sweet Potato Side Dishes
Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Sweet Potato Fries
Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes
Crock Pot Sweet Potato Mash
IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE!
You can pre-order our “12 Days of Christmas” cookbook TODAY for only $15.00!
This book is due to be released on September 30, so grab this deal while you can (regularly $19.99).
Get the book HERE!